Artist Lectures and Projects Intro
To watch the full one hour long Metaverse Co-opening, please visit: vimeo.com/651678001
Metaverse Exhibitions Co-Opening of VR WSPark and DSLCollection on Sansar.
- VR WSPark (@vr_ws_park on Instagram) is designed as a virtual reality cosmopolitan park resembling NYC’s Washington Square Park, presented on the Social VR Platform Sansar, supported by the DSLCollection. The showcase is devoted to the curated 3D Imaging artworks of Prof. Snow Yunxue Fu and her students from NYU Tisch School of the Arts Department of Photo and Imaging. It also functions as a virtual cultural hub for additional events, lectures, and showings in the metaverse.
The first exhibition in the VR WSPark project is titled “The Land of Post-Photo“. The exhibiting artists include Ming Shiu, Melody Ball, Liz Speiser, Tonia Zhang, Fiona Beswick, Isabelle Beauchamp, Tony Wang, Devan Marz, Grace Redman, Yvette Fu, Snow Yunxue Fu, and V-Human Avatar.
- DSLCollection on Sansar online art space is a cross-border collaboration with Configuration Space and Shenzhen Pingshan Art Museum. The works of 8 contemporary Chinese artists collected by DSLCollection are placed in the virtual world based on their creative context and Stylistic elements have created eight customized virtual space derivative art experiences with different styles and a high degree of integration. Through interactive design and sound interaction, art appreciation is re-appeared in a gesture of embracing the public, allowing people to watch artworks The way of art has been expanded and enhanced, so that non-professional audiences who are not interested in art and do not know how to approach art can also enjoy the right to resonate with art.
Saturday, November 27th at 9am New York Time/ 10pm China Time/ 3pm Paris Time.
Please Use One of the Three Ways to Join Us:
1) YouTube Live Link: youtu.be/bWmKix3MQ2Q
2) Instagram Live @aika.connection
3) Visit Sanar (free download) on PC: atlas.sansar.com/experiences/virtualwsg-9185/virtual-washington-square-park
* Special thanks to DSLCollection, Karen Levy, & Aika Connection for the support of the project, Derek Peng and Leo Liu from Configreality and Pingshan Art Museum for co-hosting this event, as well as the VR WSPark project assistants Phil Mulliken & Kamile Eidukeviciute.